Offshore Project Engineer
Nikham Offshore is seeking to hire offshore project Engineer (offshore projects) for one of its client who is a reputed Shipbuilding and offshore/Marine engineering company.
Location: South Africa, Cape Town
Offshore Project Engineer will be responsible for production engineering deliverables on large scale offshore and marine construction projects.
- Prepare detailed structural engineering drawings for offshore and marine structures.
- Evaluate technical drawings & documents to assess the material requirements.
- Cost control
- Prepare material requirements based on accurate evaluations of customer specifications, terms and conditions, detailed or outline specifications, drawings, sketches, or following verbal instructions.
- Ensure engineering work undertaken is in accordance with Departmental Work Instructions, Procedures and Standards.
- Prepare Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) for material.
- Thorough knowledge in the selection of materials (material codes) based on its standard grades and specifications and as required by the major classification society or standards, such as DNV-GL, ABS, LR, BS, EN, ISO, API.
- Technical review of all materials certificates and properties required for shipbuilding and offshore projects received from vendors.
- Prepare project deliverables list for structural projects, provide structural schedule analyses for detail drawings and production deliverables in line with master project schedule/milestones, indication of required man-power and keep track records on progress of deliverables.
- Supervise the work of Engineers, CAD designers and Subcontractors to ensure quality standards and design criteria are met.
- Conduct building strategy meetings to assure that safety and production efficiency are well defined
- Undertake structural design based on agreed project schedule or approved work request.
- Prepare or Review and approve bidding structural design proposals.
- Conduct design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are achieved.
- Focus on Continues improvement of quality of deliverables.
- Experience in various hull structural design standards like DIN/JIS/NORSOK as well as a good understanding of ABS, DNV, API, AISC and other related industry regulations and standards.
- Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed.
- Attend, when requested, vessel inspections to define the scope of work required for vessel modifications, repairs and conversions.
- Identification of changes of project specifications or deliverables, variations to contractual scope.
- Executing duties of project engineer according to qualification if required.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus statistic and their applications.
- Extensively exposed to usage of different structural design and detailing software like Aveva Bocad, Aveva Marine and basic knowledge on Aveva PDMS,
- Review document, requisition and sub contract indexes and ensure that these documents are updated and available for issue on schedule.
- Review requisitions for major items of equipment, package equipment and major bulk materials, for compliance with scope of work.
- Act as contact between company and Client’s engineering representative in relation to all design and specification matters.
- Act as contact between site personnel and Home Office on all engineering matters
- Ensure project schedule provides for internal and Client reviews appropriate for the project phase.
- Ensure effective cross-discipline coordination and resolve cross discipline problems.
- Develop project specific procedures as appropriate to enhance project performance.
- Be completely familiar with the project contractual and commercial requirements. By personal reviews, be conversant with the status of work being carried out by all the Engineering personnel, Process, Procurement and Construction.
- Engineering degree in Structural / Naval Architecture/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10-15 year’s relevant experience in shipyard, offshore / oil & gas industry in design and production engineering office.
- Relevant experience in engineering company
- Project Management skills.
- Able to manage teams of 50+ designers and engineers
Please send CV to CV@nikham.com with reference REF:OPE01
Only South Africans situated in Cape Town will be considered